Monday, August 25, 2008

Nancy's Apple Cake

Cake
1 cup oil
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1-1/4 tsp. vanilla
3 cups diced tart apples
2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup nuts

Topping:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk

Beat together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until mixed. Sift together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture. Stir in apples. Combine nuts with 1 T. flour and stir into batter. Pour into 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until toothpick in enter comes out clean.

Topping: Bring to boil, and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and spread on hot cake.

3 comments:

Judy (mom) said...

A lady I work with gave me a recipe almost identicaland I love it, but there is no topping for the cake. I will definitely have to try this. Looks like to boing the frosting ingredients and then put on the cake. YUM!

Judy (mom) said...

I guess I was in a hurry on that last post. You boil the ingredients for the frosting and then put on cake...correct?

Kelli said...

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. I fixed the post!